To promote and provide quality medical and dental health care to the uninsured poor of the City of St. Joseph and Buchanan County.
For all uninsured residents of Buchanan County to have access to affordable health care while being treated with compassion, respect and dignity.
- Let the health and welfare of the patient be our guiding force
- Respect the individual and communities we serve
- Assess and Advocate for the health needs of the underserved populations
- Maintain qualified staff with a commitment and conviction for our mission
- Exercise sound governance
- Deliver a quality and transparent business model embedded with sound integrity, and accountability to the community, partners, donors, and patients
- Minimize waste and energy consumption while re-using and re-cycling when possible
The Social Welfare Board provides a patient-centered medical health home approach as defined by the National Committee for Quality Assurance to deliver the highest quality of health
- Statutorily created in 1913, RsMO 205.770
- Unique provision physicians would provide care at no cost to the patients
- Oldest free clinic in U.S.